Saturday, April 25, 2009

The items I own. Part III - Borders and Corners

10 bags was the magical number of bags.
I pushed all my furniture inwards slightly, and now I can see all borders and corners of my space. If you don't get an elated feeling upon visualizing the borders and corners, clearly you have never experienced the borders and corners (and in the same breath, I nudge you to try it).

Because my desk, storage locker, desk cabinet and bed are not resting against a wall, it feels like they are floating entities, not in the spacey sense, I mean like non-rasterized objects in Photoshop. They have selection marquees around them. :)

Henceforth, I make the following conclusions:

- Furniture that sits closely to walls encloses a space, masking the overall form and shape of the room. i.e, the outer perimeter is not clearly understood at first glance, therefore the space becomes focused primarily on the floor space that is visible.
- Furniture that sits arbitrarily inside of a space, away from the walls, actually accentuates the room's form and shape. i.e, the frame of the space is understood at first glance, making the objects obstructing the space less of a focus.
 

No comments: