Friday, February 20, 2009

back on track

Over winter break, I remember sitting with my father, in the living room that is never used, and he was warning me about 2009. He was under the impression that it would be a testy year for me, and that all my weaknesses would become apparent and challenged. His philosophy on the way that life works is highly unorthodox, but essentially there is a sort of cyclic law that he follows, which all human experience can be predicted. Every time he talks to me about it, I process it the same way I process my astrological horoscope.
I just remembered this conversation for the first time in this new year and I feel it's really true to my time so far. If it's crazy to even compare my experiences to a silly prediction, then my point is just that I feel like i've been tested. Issues i've never encountered before showed themselves, and for a while there I honestly wondered if I would get back into my old inspired state of mind.
Anyways, it's nice to be back on track. Today I was in the drafting room with Rachel getting all excited about grids* again, my cough has calmed down to a socially-acceptable minimum, and thankfully I have gone back to not caring that my life revolves almost solely** around school activity.

*grids and scientific notions in general should always have a hand in design, because, hello, grids make beautiful things

**I had to look up this word to make sure I was spelling it right, and the definition was: not involving anyone or anything else (lol)

No comments: