Wednesday, February 4, 2009

portfolio jarble

I was taking a look, for the first time really, into my exchange portfolio I have to put together by the end of next week. I have a deceivingly short one page essay to write which is comprised of seemingly easy questions such as "about me", "about my work", "why Chelsea college of Art and Design", and so forth. And, a portfolio, which is the factor of the exchange application which is scaring me to death. I have never made a portfolio before. This will be the first time that I will actually have to think about defining myself as a whole, and selecting critically which pieces of work I am actually proud of and are relevant to my design identity.
Right, so I was making a list of all the projects I have been working on within the past two years or so, my main concern being that I don't have enough product design, or even design projects in general, to make a relevant portfolio to the program I am applying for in London. Since I want to study in Chelsea's Spatial Design program for a term, it's kind of embarrassing to say I have one or two pieces that could relate to this. 
So, conclusion being: I might be undergoing a couple personal projects within the next couple of weeks, possibly exploring some ideas and finding ways to make them into portfolio items. Let alone some of the things in my Core Design studio class which might be coming up soon!

OH! And I was laying in bed today and I thought about my GRAD project oh lord its going to be epic I hope to discuss and start soon!

No comments: