Sunday, February 1, 2009

A circle that is unaware that a sphere exists

It's past midnight, and I lack the zeal to write anything of determined quality, but there is one thing that hit me today, and not in the physical pie-to-face way. My life seems extremely two dimensional. I love relating things to the dimensions, it's a tendency, but an interesting model because each subsequent dimension is unaware of the one succeeding, yet they are all combined, like a set of nested boxes. 
My first dimension is family and friends, they are static but constantly changing within the second dimension, which is my daily commitment; school and life*. 
I am already bored by this metaphor, but what I am getting at is that there is a 3rd dimension that perhaps is missing. Like, I am (or just feel like) a circle that is unaware that a sphere exists. 

*I like to think that life is an additional entity unto school, but really, thats just crazy talk. They are one.

No comments: